Sunday, August 7, 2011

For the Love of Torah



When I look at my life, it is hard to believe that I ever lived without Torah.  Torah has changed me in so many ways.  I hardly recognize the person that I have become.  I pray that I am reflecting more and more of the image of Yeshua.  I love the 119 chapter of Tehillim.  Dawid has such a love for Yahweh and His Torah!!

Psa 119:16-18 I delight myself in Your laws; I do not forget Your word. Do good to Your servant, Let me live and I guard Your word. Open my eyes, that I might see Wonders from Your Torah.

Psa 119:32-35 I run the way of Your commands, For You enlarge my heart. Teach me, O יהוה, the way of Your laws, And I observe it to the end. Make me understand, that I might observe Your Torah, And guard it with all my heart. Make me walk in the path of Your commands, For I have delighted in it.

Psa 119:47-48 That I might delight myself in Your commands, Which I have loved; That I might lift up my hands to Your commands, Which I have loved; While I meditate on Your laws.

Do we live our lives in a way that lets people know what is important to us?  Our children live in the house with us, do we live the right example in front of them? 

I became a grandmother a little over a week ago and now my life has entered into another phase.  I wasn't so ready for this one, but life does not stand still.  It is always moving forward.  I could do without the gray hair, but Scripture tells us that it is a sign of wisdom and so I shouldn't begrudge a single one of them.  I always said that I would grow old gracefully and gratefully.  I need to remember that :)     What a glorious time in Yahweh to be alive!!  He is moving and shaking things up.  I can see the coming of His Son on the horizon!!  I know that all the moaning and groaning of the earth is just Yahweh preparing us for the return of Yeshua.  Prayer needs to be our sustaining strength!!  I have to remind myself that things will not go on like they are today, that things will begin to change for me and my family.  Are we prepared?  I am not sure, but we are striving to do what we feel the Father is leading!! That is why I think that the love of Torah is so important.  As we face challenges that we cannot imagine now, our grounding in His Torah will be our saving grace.  Being obedient and walking in His favor make us prepared for anything!!   May we all be looking forward to the future and to returning to the homeland of Yisra'el and to the coming of our Groom, Yeshua!!!

Ahava and Shalom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment